Stress Management and Mental Wellness Programs
Across different academic institutions
“Some people call it happiness”
Good mental health and well-being- – is more than merely avoiding mental health problems. It means feeling good and functioning well. Mental health, influences how you think, feel, and behave in daily life. It also affects your ability to cope with stress, overcome challenges, build relationships, and recover from life’s setbacks and hardships. Many countries include a Happiness index while measuring general health and well being. People in Bhutan are considered to be the happiest in the world and have a separate ‘Ministry of Happiness’. Madhya Pradesh is the first state in India to set up a Happiness Department.
Stress related depression and suicides has become an alarming reality in India, particularly among young adults.
The theme for Mental Health Day 2018 was “Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World”.
HABF in partnership with various educational institutions is conducting Awareness and sensitization programs for adolescents and young adults in addressing stress and promoting mental well-being.
Initiated during World Mental Health Day, 10th October, HABF have been conducted day-long awareness programs in various Universities and other academic institutions. A training program on Mental health counselling in schools, colleges and corporate organisation is being developed to address stress and depression.
The theme for World Mental Health Day 2019 is – “Prevention of Suicide”
Addressing stress and promoting mental wellness & holistic health & lifestyle
- University students across different academic institutions
- Faculty and staff of these institutions
- Large numbers of undergraduate and post graduate students across different states sensitized on issues of stress and overcoming stress
- Promotion of physical and mental wellness through healthy lifestyle changes
- Students and faculty were sensitized on recognising stress and depression and overcoming stigma in seeking support and treatment