Advocacy for Political and Religious Leaders and the Media on TB treatment and prevention
Assam and other states
Client - Partnership for TB care & Treatmen, Union under the Global Fund project
The Partnership for TB care and control is an umbrella organisation of 225 civil society organisations from across India engaged in the fight against TB. PTCC implemented a Global Fund project, Project Akshya as a SSR to Emanuel Health Association (EHA) and the Union.
HABF as the State Focal point for Assam is engaged in advocacy events for Political, religious and the media for their engagement in TB care and treatment activities.
Two such programs have been organised in Guwahati. These programs included the active participation of around hundred religious leaders, Political representatives, Media persons and members of community affected by TB.
Awareness among different stakeholders for addressing stigma and increasing community engagement & participation for TB care & treatment
- Political leaders, other elected representatives, Religious leaders and the media
- TB affected community and cured TB patients
- Civil Society organisations
- Identified stakeholders (Political leaders, religious leaders & media representatives sensitized)
- Improved and positive reporting of success stories in print and electronic media
- TB affected community and cured TB patients trained to become TB champions, advocating for TB care and treatment
- Civil society organizations trained on community engagement and addressing stigma against TB.